Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Mother and Child Quilt (66 x 90)

One thing I've been doing since I retired is to sew up projects I had bundled supplies for in my stash.  Most of the fabric in this twin-sized quilt top has been around for awhile.  The central Mother and Child panels came to me from Debra, (I'm pretty sure, though she doesn't remember).  I found the earth toned squares in a long-gone thrift store in the early 2000s.  They had been roughly cut, some looked to be from a garment, so I trimmed them to a uniform size at some point.  The half square triangles were mostly made up of a charm pack of Hoffman Challenge fabrics from 2007.  The fabric has history.


 

I'm very pleased with how this long-delayed project has turned out.  It will go to Debra for quilting and donation.  I feel like I got this one out of my system (and out of my fabric drawers) and that it will go out to do its good in the world.  

Note: that's blue painter's tape on the sewing machine desk.  I used it to quilt a small quilt, and now it's waiting for the next project.

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

It turned out very lovely! The blue triangles flitting around the surface are fabulous.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...