Tuesday, June 14, 2022

A Knitted Shawl

 

I'm always knitting.  These days I try not to work on more than 2 projects at a time, lest they drag on forever, but I'm always knitting on something.  


This recent finish, the Luz de Otoño Shawl by Keka Guillén, is a nice balance of lace and garter stitch, and is the perfect foil for some special yarn.  I bought two skeins of Sock by LL Yarn Co, a special purchase at this year's Stitches West in Sacramento.

 

This pink called out to me from across the room, and it was my souvenir of a special day with my daughter at Stitches, followed by lunch, and a visit to a great Sacramento book store, Capital Books.  I was hoping for days like that when we relocated, a chance to spend time with family doing fun things we love.


 

This is a great pattern with just the right amount of challenge in the lace sections to keep my interest.  This shade of pink always makes me happy when I see it.

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

What’s not to love?! That hot pink is just fabulous! And if you look closely then you can enjoy the knit work. Very nice!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...