Thursday, June 16, 2022

Crumb Quilt

Crumb quilts are one of my favorite kinds of scrap quilts, and I keep a drawer of small pieces and wait for the inspiration to strike.


For this one I especially liked using up triangle bits to add some interest to the squares and rectangles.


I pieced this quilt in 12" blocks, which I think kept me on-task.


 

The finished top is 36 x48.  I may decide to add a  border later.  I had a lot of pink scraps, which I think makes this quilt especially cheerful.



 The bits drawer is almost empty.  For now.

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

The 12” block idea is a good one. I’m going to try that soon on another improv quilt top. I still have plenty of miscellaneous fabrics to use up.

I really like the looks of your quilt!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...