Friday, June 03, 2022

Thrift Store Fabric

 
When I visit my parents and my sister, my sister and I usually make a thrift store run.  These days, this is both entertainment, as well as how I've expanded my wardrobe for the warmer climate where we now live. On a recent trip I picked up and put down this bag of scraps at least three times.  I reasoned that I don't need more scraps, but there's something so fun about getting NEW scraps, scraps that you don't already have a ton of.  This was a bag of VARIETY for 95 cents.  Actually, it was half price, so it was even cheaper.

 

There was a nice mix of fabrics in this bag, it was clearly from a quilter.



 In the end, I got a pile of strips for my strip blocks, a nice pile of cotton pieces, and a good sized pile of flannel pieces, that will make up at least one, maybe two baby quilt tops.  Not bad for 48 cents.  The entertainment of sorting and pressing alone was worth the price.

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

LOL, you are so easily entertained!

A few years ago I asked a local stitching friend if she wanted to exchange some scraps. I took a good sized bag & she brought a big box. Her statement said it all: I’m so tired of sewing with these fabrics, I’m happy to pass them on to you. I was able to sew a pretty good sized log cabin quilt with them. I did enjoy the variety as I’m sure you will too.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...