Thursday, June 30, 2022

A Row Quilt, and a Non-Row Quilt

I whipped up this row quilt from some coordinating leftovers.  It was so quick and easy, I tried to group another batch of leftover strips to do a second one.


But these strips made for a more lackluster grouping, so I decided to make blocks instead.


Star blocks are so cheerful, especially for a baby quilt.  I press my squares in half on the diagonal en lieu of marking them with a pencil, and add them to squares for the star points.


I mixed up the yellow background fabrics, and even went further into stash to find enough for the blocks for this small quilt.


 
Another top is done!  I love the yellow and aqua combo.  This one will get quilted and go into my donation pile.

 

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Just adorable! Yellow & aqua are always cheerful!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...