Sunday, July 10, 2022

Crewel Embroidery

I've always loved crewel embroidery.  It's sort of the textile version of paint-by-numbers, a little mindless, but also satisfying.  Embroidering with wool makes for a quick project, although I started this one early in the pandemic, put it down, and just now finished it.


I think I bought this kit on EBay, it's from 2007.  The heyday of crewel is probably the 1970s, but you can find plenty of vintage and new kits online.


After I finished my embroidery, I auditioned home dec fabrics for the back and for the front edges so I could size it up to fit a thrifted feather pillow I had.

I love how cheerful and bright it turned out, for now the pillow is on a chair in the living room.

No comments:

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...