Thursday, March 10, 2022

Even Bigger Scrappy (70 x80)


I finished my scrappy quilt top.  I decided to add another round of borders, and I used some smaller scraps to make paper pieced 4.5" blocks.

Before I retired I used the office paper cutter to cut an old professional journal into 4.5" pieces.  It seemed fitting to use them in this project.

 Now it's done, and the top will rest for awhile until I either get up the gumption to quilt it myself, or send it to be quilted.

 

I have to decide on the backing and batting options.  I'm kind of interested in attaching it to a piece of fleece, so it can be used as a casual utility quilt, but I'm still thinking on this.



 

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Your quilt is so fabulous! I enlarged it so I could see the prints. I recognize quite a few which is always the fun of your quilts.

Magpie Sue said...

Love your scrappy quilt! Be aware that fleece is slippery to try to quilt. If you go that route you might consider tying it instead.

Judy S. said...

Love that quilt! Wherever did you find that literacy fabric? I worked in that area for years, but never saw anything like that!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...