Monday, January 13, 2020

Turning the Page




After completing Wild Child, with all it's HSTs and blocks, I was in the mood for a simple quilt I could cuddle up with.  I had picked up these charming pre-printed blocks at my local reuse place, which has a nice selection of craft supplies.  I've never seen any pre-printed designs like these, and I liked the rabbits and cottages. 

I combined them with my favorite 4-patch blocks, some from charm squares from Debra, and some from stash fabric.  It went together fast and easy.


I treated myself to new fabric for a big floral border, and I've picked out a coordinating piece of fleece for backing and batting.  As soon as I get this pinned, I'm going to do some fast straight line quilting.  This is a nice switch from my previous 2-year long project.


3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I don't believe I've seen those squares either. What era do you suppose they are? The whole quilt is very cute. :-)

Judy S. said...

It's always fun to see your projects. This one's very pretty.

Magpie Sue said...

What a sweet quilt! I'm ready for something easy too. ;-)

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...