Saturday, February 08, 2020

A Strip Quilt


Strip quilts are one of my favorite kinds of scrap quilts.  I've got a stack of books on this topic to inspire me, and I recently decided to take on this pattern. 

The center square allows me to use up fun fabrics, some left over from "Wild Child," the king sized quilt I recently finished.  The side strips are between 3/4 and 2 inches wide.  I've got some zip bags full of small bits for the corners.  It's very satisfying to burn through some scraps. 

I've had so much fun making these blocks that I've decided to make enough for a double bed quilt.  Or better said: I'll see how I feel when I've made enough for that size.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I agree with you! Always fun to see how the fabrics interact with each other. That Volkswagen fabric is really cute!

If you stall out at twin size, the Houston Furniture Bank would welcome it! :-)

Yoohoo Cindy Lou, the Yoohoolady said...

Hi Barbara... I love your quilt top! All the different colors & prints make it happy! Love it!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...