Monday, May 02, 2022

Baby Quilts Galore

  

I've been having fun making baby quilts.  Most of these will be donated, but I'm going to keep one for myself, and one will be a gift.

 
One of the beauties of these small projects is I can try patterns or use up materials that I've been saving without starting a quilt that will take many months to finish.  I had this children's panel in my stash for years.
 
 
I did go out and buy this bee fabric for the back, since I didn't have anything that seemed quite right.
 
 
This little spiderweb quilt will probably stay with me.  I started it years ago, thinking I'd make a bed-sized quilt, but I guess I lost enthusiasm.  I backed it with this special vintage fabric Debra passed on to me.  I love the print with the little girl eating donuts.

 

I used up some random fabrics for this little quilt.  The back is a from a large piece of vintage calico I thrifted many moons ago.  It's the perfect color for baby quilts.


I often see YouTube videos and want to try a pattern, the quilt below came out of one of those inspirations.



And I'd long wanted to sew an Irish Chain quilt, so this little quilt let me scratch that itch.  The back is from home dec fabric I also got from Debra.  Since the top didn't scream "baby," I thought it should have an appropriate backing.



So I've sewn up a nice tidy pile of quilts, and I used stash and played with patterns.  It's a win all the way around in my book.


2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

That's a wonderful stack of quilts! I'm sure they will be welcome in any child's nursery.

I especially like seeing the fabrics I've sent being used. The Beatrix Potter fabric almost makes a reversible quilt.

Good job!

Judy S. said...

What a bunch of beautiful quilts! You certainly did a great job with all those fun fabrics. Lots of babies will be very happy to receive them.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...