Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Out of the Knitting Basket (Free Patterns)

I've been finishing up some lingering knitting projects, trying to keep those UFOs to a minimum (I can dream, right?)  Recently I finished is this great pullover knit from a combination of recycled and new yarns.  The free pattern, Southwood by Galt House of Yarn is a good basic pattern with great instructions


 

I was knitting this sweater during our move, so I veered from the pattern in a few places due to inattention, but it remains cozy and very wearable.  


 

I divided my leftover yarn bits into super wash and non-super wash yarns and knit up a couple of Stashbusting Helix Hats by Jessica Rose, which I've made many times now.  This is my go-to free pattern for charity hats.  It uses up the smallest leftover bits, and the hats are always pretty.


 

I needed a baby gift, so I knit up this Seamless Yoked Sweater by Carole Barenys.  I almost got the whole sweater out of one skein of yarn, but half way down the second sleeve I ran short, but was able to buy a second skein of the yarn.  I was able to find some good button options in my stash, and I think the buttons I chose are perfect.



The Springtime Sandpiper Cowl by Eva Marie isn't free, but it's only $4.  I'd cast this on a long time ago, made some errors in the pattern, and then put it in time out.  I took it out and ripped back the mistakes, and easily proceeded and finished.  Sometimes knitting behaves much better after a time out.


 

Thank you for your comments.  I'm trying to figure out the comment situation: I get some comments in my email, but not all, and I haven't yet figured out how to reply in comments.  Give me some time and I'll work it out, in the meantime, you can reach me at the email in the heading, or at my yahoo address, which many old friend should still have. 
 

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

You look fabulous in your knitted wears! And, I'm sure it feels good to have those projects finished. The baby sweater is adorable-to bad it doesn't change sizes as the baby grows.

Nice quilt! :-)

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the WIPs! That sweater looks great on you. I am trying to knit some charity hats, too, and am going to check out your pattern. Have you seen the Quick Switch hat pattern? It's a fun one.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...