Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Stitching House Blocks


 I've always loved house blocks, and I even bought a set of templates, Marti Michell's Small Schoolhouse 6" set, a long while back.  I recently thought it'd be fun to make up a few blocks, and they're quite addicting.


 It's been fun finding images to go into the doorway and window.


And of course, the sky is also fun to choose fabric for.


I've got a fantasy of a large quilt made up of these little scrappy houses.  A girl can dream, right?

1 comment:

margaret said...

these blocks are looking good, like the windows and doors very creative, I have houses on my list to do as have now found a way to do them without FPP which I cannot get my head around.. Never mind dreaming get that scrappy house quilt made!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...