Friday, January 22, 2016

Free Pattern Friday: Looped Dishtowel


I ran across a great pattern for a crocheted potholder, but the part I liked about it the most is that circular loop, which makes it perfect for hanging.  I figured it'd make a perfect dishrag or even a dishtowel, one that had its own loop for hanging.

So I made the pattern, but just kept crocheting, using a whole ball of kitchen cotton.


This is perfect for hanging next to the sink so I can dry my hands.  I may eventually make some actual potholders from this pattern,  There are some helpful notes on Ravelry that describe how people doubled the thickness so that you can actually use them to grab hot pots.  But for now, maybe I'll just make some more hanging towels.

1 comment:

margaret said...

good idea off to check out the pattern, when I was shown how to knit the old lady who showed us had us knitting dish cloths, that was many years ago

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...