Sunday, March 04, 2012

TAST Week 8: Chain Stitch and Week 9: Couching


The February CQJP block is done.  I added more fly stitches to mimic feathers on the blue jay, and along the base of the tree as leaves for some blue French knot flowers.


I used chain stitch to create a vine for the tree trunk, and gave it some red berries.


The March block has an image of flying geese at the center.   I couched a wooded bead with Coral Zig Zag stitch right above it.
 

With some tiny beads, this became a fancy beetle.


I've picked some morning glories and some doves for the patches opposite the beetle.  Onward, onward.

5 comments:

Rian said...

While the stitches in themselves are lovely, it's what you do with them that makes them a real knockout!

allie aller said...

The completed block is so cheerful and original...uniquely YOU!

Magpie Sue said...

Love how you created your beetle! I'm going to have to look into that coral zig zag stitch...

Deborah M. said...

What do you use to trace your embroidery design on? I want to add some pictures to my blocks and thought about plain old tissue paper but this looks like stabilizer. Thanks! (great work on the block by the way.)

Anonymous said...

Hi from Spain Barbara. I've spend a lovely time reading your blog. I like your work very much. Thank you for share it.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...