Sunday, March 25, 2012

TAST Week 12: Barred Chain Stitch


I skipped week 11's Whipped Wheel stitch, which I'll probably come back to later.  It may not be destined for this particular block, but we'll see.  In the meantime, I added this week's Barred Chain stitch in brown there in the middle and accented it with a brown button.


The pink and blue stitch combination on the left is Chevron stitch accented with pink buttons and French knnots, and blue Lazy Daisy. The curved vine with purple buds is a hybrid of some stitch combinations in a Judith Baker Montano book.


She has several pages of floral stitch combinations in this book.


It also include instructions for a number of basic stitches.


Here's the block so far.  I'm saving that blank spot on the lower right for a special accent I'll add when the seams are done.

1 comment:

Magpie Sue said...

I go to that book first when I need inspiration or a reminder how to do certain embroidery stitches. Looking at your block is making me want to pick up one myself and do some stitching. I'm way behind on my BJP; maybe that's where I could channel this impulse. ;- )

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...