Thursday, October 22, 2020

Scrappy Knitted Projects

 
Why, who could this little jacket be for?  It is indeed for a special knitted creature.

 
Knitting this little frog was the perfect distraction: the directions were precisely written and took just enough concentration to be interesting.  The pattern is Kristina Ingrid McGowan's Frog and Toad.  It was very satisfying to knit an anatomically accurate frog.  His body was knit from the perfect green wool blend yarn I had reclaimed from an old sweater some time ago.


Eventually, after my tendonitis calms down, I'll knit him some pants, as well as a toad friend for company.


I finally finished an old WIP: a child's sweaters for donation.  Hopscotch Cardi by Rae Blackledge is a free pattern on Ravelry.  I used maybe one and a half skeins of Caron Cakes, an acrylic and wool blend that comes in self-striping colors.  I cut the colors apart to make the striping uniform.  


This baby sweater was knit from leftover bulky wool yarns and will also be donated.  I've made up this pattern, Little Coffee Bean Bulky by Elizabeth Smith, a few times.  One beauty of the pattern is that the stripes, and the small size, allow you to use up yarn left over from other projects.  In both sweaters I was able to raid my button box and found the perfect buttons.  Sometimes being quarantined at home gives me the opportunity to use what's at hand.



 

5 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Your little frog is adorable! what a fun guy!

The sweaters are terrific and such a good use of leftover yarns. I hope your tendinitis will indeed calm down. You have so many good projects to do!

Carry on!

Rian said...

A knitted frog, how adorable! I’ve never seen one in the wild before... I can empathize with you on the tendinitis. I get it in my neck every time I do free motion quilting. Takes a while to quiet down. But it does.

Magpie Sue said...

Mr. Frog is adorable. Some child is going to love him! The sweaters are charming. You're so good at repurposing yarns. :-)

jenclair said...

Frog and sweaters made me smile this morning!

beth s said...

Ooh! I love both the frog and the striped sweaters! I'm inspired to knit. :)

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...