I had a big pile of squares I wanted to use up, so I assembled a couple of scrappy quilts. It was the perfect easy, no brain-required exercise, and I cleared out my stock of squares. I attempted an alternate light and dark layout, added some semi-solid borders, and I was done. This top is waiting for me to pin it to a piece of fleece and quilt it up.
I sashed the squares in this second quilt, which is a smaller kid quilt that I've donated. I like the way the sashing (in one of my favorite colors) sets off each square.
I had some leftover backing fabric from a large quilt I finished last year. It felt good to get this one finished and sent off.
If you look in the left bottom corner of this picture, you can see that I put my work table on table leg extensions. It's made cutting so much more comfortable, I wish I'd done it sooner. I got mine on Amazon, but I'm sure big hardware stores must carry them