Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Endings and Beginings


Last year I decided to keep the labels of the yarn I knitted up into finished objects to gauge how much yarn I used.  I happy to report that I used 85 skeins of yarn in 2014.  I've recycled last year's labels, and the collection process has started again.


We had a loss over the holidays when our 19-year old cat Wee went to Cat Heaven on Christmas Eve.  She'd been a part of our family since she was a kitten and my kids were 5 and 7.  Although she had been losing ground for some time, it still came as a shock, and we were very sad to lose our old friend.


Less than a week after Wee's passing, my beloved cat Louie was diagnosed with kidney failure.  Though he's still with us, he requires extra care and I'm treasuring each day we have with him.


For New Year's day we had a celebration of what has passed and what's to come with children, step-children, step-grands, and in-laws.  It was an auspicious way to open the new year.  Whatever comes next, we are always in loving company.  Who could ask for more?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog this Christmas whilst looking for a pattern - and how glad am I not to have found it - and you! Living in far away - and now snowy - Sweden - I will certainly come back to your blog again. And - may your 2015 be a good year!
Anna-Karin in Sweden

margaret said...

how sad to lose your loved cat, 19 is a very good age, I do hope the vet can get the kidneys sorted out for Louie.

Magpie Sue said...

I suffered a similar loss in November, a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. At 12 years old Reilly suddenly went downhill and practically begged to be sent Home. I indulged him as much as I could on his last day and he really seemed to appreciate it. It's been an adventure trying to fill the hole he left in my life but I have a new canine companion now. It makes all the difference in the world to me. Best wishes for Louie's continued good health.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...