Sunday, April 15, 2012

More TAST and April CQJP


The middle of the month was getting very close when I finally sat down to  work on my April block. 


Once I began I got in the groove.


In the top left corner I feather stitched a vintage robin patch.  The seam treatment is herringbone stitch accented with lazy daisy and straight stitch.


I put on my big girl pants and tackled the whipped wheels, the TAST from a few weeks ago.  This composition also has the stem stitch for this week's TAST. 


The leaves are woven picot stitch from Pat Trott's book Three Dimensional Embroidery Stitches, which has a lot of great floral designs I'll probably dip into again.  These cool little leaves are detached, which adds to the textual element.

3 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

I love doing those woven stitches. This is looking great so far!

Rian said...

Oh, sweet-sweet-sweet! Those 3D leaves are the bomb. But most of all I enjoyed watching it evolve in the photos.

Susan Elliott said...

Beautiful! I like the button in the center of the whipped spider...

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...