Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Full House

I love it when my kids have their friends over. The bustle and joking are contagious, and young people have an appealing energy. Last night my son Alex (in the white t-shirt) had his bandmates and another friend over. They played music in the garage, ate an enormous amount of food, then went to hang out at another friend's for awhile. When they came back, they were hungry AGAIN.

This is my daughter Allie and her new boyfriend Roger. Aren't they cute? She had just gotten out of the shower, so she thinks she looks terrible in this photo. I think they're both adorable. Later in the evening two of Allie's girlfriends came over and spent the night and Roger went home.


I had seven teenagers here overnight. The boys slept in the garage, which they thought was a big adventure. When they wake up they're going to want to eat again.

6 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

What happened to the Mohawk???

I remember so clearly one night after cleaning up the kitchen after a very nice, Big meal when Brent walked in and asked, "Did we have dinner tonight?" I couldn't believe that he was still hungry and that he couldn't remember having eaten just an hour or so before asking the question.

Where does all that food go??

Debra Dixon said...

Ah, I hate to say it but sleeping in the garage doesn't sound like an adventure to me. . . .

your last entry is titled Freakin Cold. . .!!

Barbara C said...

Right now we're having this wierd unseasonably warm, wet and windy weather, so I know they won't freeze. Plus we have an ancient sofa bed and a rug out there, and they took out the sleeping bags.

I guess you can only wear a Mohawk for so long. It's a very high-maintenence 'do. Now we're saving a fortune on hair gel.

Jules said...

I want my house to be full of teenages when my kids get to be that age. It sounds like a lot of fun. Except the sleeping in the garage part. It was 26 when I drove to school this morning...

Rian said...

Oh, I remember those days...I loved when our daughter had her friends over. We would all sit together and tell stories, laugh, share. They were all such great kids. When daughter went off to college, the house cried. It was too quiet--no music blaring when I came home from work, no fifty-million phone calls--we'd answer the phone, "Michelle's residence." She and her husband are coming in a few days and we are having a get-together with some of her college pals, who are like friends to us, too. It will be so much fun.

Jen said...

I love the excitement and energy of my son's friends. He is old enough to have been in and out of the house a couple of times, and when he was gone, it was VERY quiet. We have had the garage band thing going on for years. Jen

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...