Friday, October 14, 2005

I was out of town when we got rain a couple of weeks ago, but now I'm here at home for the second rain of the season. I live on the far north coast of California, in the redwood forest, in the lungs of the world, so we get a lot of rain, usually from Halloween through March or April. The first year I lived here, I swear it rained non-stop through the month of February. Now that it's rainy and windy, I thought I'd take out some summery photos of this year's farmer's market.

There's something cheerful about sunflowers. They are so hardy and robust. And here's my Michael smelling the thyme.

I love this display of cherry tomatoes. They are indeed like paintboxes, a feast for the eyes, but they also taste as good as they look.

It's rainy and dark, but we did have a lovely summer.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Sunflowers are great! At first I was thinking that you were going to say you grew those sunflowers and that would've ticked me off! Great that you also have a farmer's market. I would enjoy that too.

Barbara C said...

Well I did PLANT sunflowers this year...but they didn't quite grow. They actually dried up and died. It's so nice of the Farmer's Market to fill that little void.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...