Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fashion Show



Debra showed her new duds on her blog, so I decided to follow suit. I buy the bulk of my clothes at the beginning of the year when they clear out the fall and winter things. In my neck of the woods we wear long sleeves and sweaters all year, so it's the best time to buy.

I bought this outfit to go to my college friend Bernadette's wedding next month in Portland. I love the sparkly things, which are cleverly on the front of the skirt only. I don't know what they're called, those disk-shaped shiny things,(they're not sequins) but they used them recently on Project Runway, and I learned their name, which I promptly forgot.



And here is my weird weather photo: my poor front yard covered with ice. On Friday we had snow down to sea level, which happens here occasionally. My poor azalea had bloomed so nicely, and then got completely frost-bitten.

Expect more regular posts this week since I'm on vacation. Also, I will post a tutorial on photo manipulation.

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

You definitely will look smashing in your new skirt! and a great gift for all the weight you have lost too! gotta love 75% off!

Granny Fran said...

Gorgeous outfit, love those sparkles myself. I'm on hiatus from clothing shopping because of all the weight I'm losing and still have to lose. I'll just go baggy until I get to where I'll be able to wear the clothes for a while before I change sizes. I am anticipating buying clothes that indent at the waist again. You must be in northern California if you wear long sleeves and sweaters all year. Fascinating yard photo.

Jen said...

Lovely outfit, and who doesn't love a bargain? Jen

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...