Friday, July 10, 2015

Free Pattern Friday


I've got a weak spot for a good free knitting pattern, so I've decided to feature a few in a weekly post.  Although I knit a lot, I've begun to think more about knitting things that are wearable, and Azzu's Shawl by Emma Fassio, knits up into a very versatile wardrobe staple.  It's a long lightweight triangular shawl that is easily scrunched up into scarf.

I knit mine with two balls of Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi, a very soft fingering weight yarn with beautiful long color repeats.  This shawl could easily be knit up with cotton or linen for summer in a warmer climate, but I wear wool almost year round.  It would also look great in a bright solid color.

I love the pop of color this scarf gives my everyday wardrobe, which runs long on dark neutrals like the navy pullover I'm wearing in the photo.  I will certainly knit this pattern again.

1 comment:

floribunda said...

I love it, Barbara! I'm thinking it would work with Knitpicks "Chroma", too.

(also, fyi, your link to the ravelry page is missing one "w" at the beginning)