Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Quilts!


Quilt mojo is a very delicate thing.  Because of its portability, my knitting has won out over quilting recently, but now that summer's here, my quilt mojo has returned.

First, I had a long-standing UFO, my Hat Box quilt (design by Kaffe Fassett), quilted by my pal Debra Dixon.  Debra does high quality affordable machine quilting.  I scrolled through my photo library to find these 2009 pictures of the finished top, which I made from a couple of books of home dec fabric samples.

Hat Box Quilt (detail)

Voila!  The quilted and bound quilt.  It's hard to photograph because it's big and it's cloudy here today.


Here it's draped on a king sized bed.  I'm very happy with the completed quilt.

 Since I was digging through the stash for binding fabrics, I found a piece of fleece perfect for a baby quilt back, and a pack of fat quarters in grey and white.  I also had a perfect piece of yellow gingham.


In a few days I had the baby quilt done.  Here you can see it with the inspirational fleece backing. 

Once I started digging through my stash, the creative wheels started to turn.  There are more quilts in the works...

3 comments:

margaret said...

good to see the quilting mojo is back and 2 very nice quilts you have shared today. have yet to do such a large quilt can see that you had to send it away to be quilted, that would have been hard to do on a domestic machine

Magpie Sue said...

The baby quilt is perfect! That hat box quilt really appeals too. Bet it's stunning in person.

Judy S. said...

You are inspiring me to get to work on the pile that need binding. Nice work! I agree, knitting is portable and seems to get most of my time, too.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...