After I finished my granny square scarf, I jumped right into another crochet project: a baby blanket. I dipped into my stash of acrylic yarn, babies needing things to to washable, and I used this free pattern.
This blanket has used up lots of yarn and being that it uses a double crochet stitch throughout, it makes up very fast. I'd be done by now, but I ripped out several rows because I hadn't planned properly for the color changes between the three shades of yellow. I should be done soon, I'm going to repeat the three color section that I started with, and it'll be a nice size, about 35 x 42 inches.
I can see myself continuing to make a few more of these. I'll have to see what's left in the box of acrylics.
Crocheting this blanket reminded me of some other zig zag afghan projects I've made. Both were made with a single crochet stitch pattern, so they're not exactly the same as the one I'm making now. The first one is a baby blanket I made for my kids.
This one I made for my son Alex many years ago. You have to love these acrylic blankets, they hold up so well over time, and this pattern reminds me of a Missoni print.
On another note, I received this St. Francis pin, which I bought from Angela May, as a memento of finishing my St Francis quilt and showing it a Sacred Threads. The collage image caught my eye when I first saw it, and I'm enjoying wearing it. She has beautiful things in her Etsy shop.