St. Therese is starting to feel like an embellishment sponge. No matter how much I add, I feel like she needs more. I've added two kinds of vintage handmade lace, ribbon embroidery, buttons, and now beads. I'm going to add seam embellishment to the spaces on the sides between the inner row of lace and the border.
I had put buttons around the central image, but the transfer is not wanting to lie flat, so I took them off and I'm going to try flattening it and anchoring it down with strategically placed beads.
I think the image also looks less cluttered .
In the hankie part I've made silk ribbon flowers over the flowers printed on the hankie.
These same silk ribbon flowers are also now "growing" in the tea towel portion of the piece.
Since I've joined the hankie and the tea towel together and since I've done the ribbon embroidery there's no more ironing allowed on this piece. So I'm embellishing very carefully so as not to wrinkle anything. But she's still asking for more: more flowers, more beads, more embroidery.