The doll is now fully clothed, and yes, she's pinned to the design wall to have her photo taken. I made her a skirt from a piece of recycled wool. It's a tube with darts and a waistband, very simple, but I feel clever for having lined up the lower edge with the existing hem tape.
Here she is with the book I used for the body pattern. It was published by Dover in the 70s and I picked it up at a thrift store. I found a pattern for her shoes in the book: some lovely, practical flats. Then it will be time for accessories.
Both Sue in Western WA and Catherine posted in the comments that they thought she was a self-portrait doll. That was one of my original ideas, to make a Lady Professor doll, but I decided to make Lady X, whose identity is almost complete, instead. I will definitely make a self-portrait doll in the future.
Drum roll please. Here's the drawing of November commenters for a goody bag to celebrate my 100th post. ...And the winner is...
Whoo-who! I'll send you an email Susan, or you can send me one through my blog. Goodies are coming!