Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WIP Wednesday



I had some scraps left over from the service quilt I made as part of the 40 Quilt Service Project so I included them with some stash and made this quilt, which will be part of the next initiative in the project to make quilts for wounded service women.

I was excited to make this quilt totally from scraps and stash, with the exception of the blue stripped fabric in the border. I am also pleased with how it turned out.

I got the pattern from Evelyn Sloppy's Sew One and You're Done, which I bought at JoAnn's (with a coupon) and it's the perfect resource for this kind of project. All the quilts are lap-sized and made from one large block. You can use from 3-5 or more fabrics in each quilt. By themselves, the quilts come out from 45-60 inches square, and she gives suggestions for adding borders to make the quilts a little bigger. You can also join 4 big blocks to make a large quilt.

I'm eyeballing my stash to see what's next.

6 comments:

Rian said...

I like this idea of making a small quilt out of one large block. You did a good job with the fabric selections. Way ta go.

Allison Ann Aller said...

Really classy and nice, Barbara.

sophie said...

It's the perfect blend of feminine and patriotic. I know that some service woman will cheris this one.

Jeri said...

that is a great quilt! I like that book, don't you? I agree with Sophie, some woman is going to treasure that quilt.

Finn said...

Hi Barb, great going on making that wonderful lap quilt out of the leftovers and a little stash!
Always a good feeling to see the last of some things go instead of laying around.
And a very worthwhile projcet. Hugs, Finn

Vicki W said...

Ooooh! Is this one of the ones you are sending me? This will be fun to quilt! Is the other one on the site as well? I can start pondering quilt ideas!