Thursday, August 17, 2006
Third Fan Finished!
I've finished the third fan in my sampler. Here are some of the details I used from Sharon's 100 details challenge:
Here I used a beaded button, beads and chain stitches to embellish a bit of lace. I've had these Peter Rabbit buttons for a long time. I've always loved Beatrix Potter characters.
I liked the look of the stacked chevron stitches. I composed some beads in the empty spaces in the middle.
Here I used a buttonhole stitch with a bead composition.
Ta-dah! The third finished block! I have enough of the gold trim to use on all four fans. I trimmed the bottom of this one with a ribbon and beads. Debra had a good tip about putting a small bead in the middle of those red caston stitches to keep them from flopping around. It works great.
As I'm getting to the end of this project I'm thinking ahead to the next one(s). I've got this unquilted fish themed top and I'm thinking of doing an underwater embellishment.