Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Chevron Cowl


I love cowls, especially those knit from gradient yarns.  For this project I knit Lisa Bruce's free pattern  Favorite Scarf Ever,  with one ball of Lion Amazing, alternating with a ball of solid violet cotton and acrylic.  When the solid violent ran out, I threw in a bit of grey wool.
 

The contrast is most dramatic with the grey, but still noticeable throughout.


I got a brainstorm when I realized that the zig-zags on each end would fit together like puzzle pieces.  I stitched the ends together through the back loop of the last row of stitches, and alacazam! I have a cowl.

This knit up fast on size 10 needles and worsted-aran weight yarns, and I love the results.  This goes into my stockpile of holiday gifts.

4 comments:

beth s said...

Beautiful! I need to get my christmas stockpile started!

Judy S. said...

Love it! Thanks for the pattern link, too. Are you on Ravelry?

margaret said...

this is a lovely cowl so beautiful and will be so warm and cosy in the winter

Magpie Sue said...

You've been making some wonderful things lately! Love the socks. :- )

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...