Sunday, February 09, 2014

Chevron on the Brain


There's something irresistible about chevron, and I'm afraid the trend will evaporate as quickly as it's started, but for the time being, in addition to my crocheted chevron afghan, I've cast on this little scarf.

It's an easy and repetitive pattern, the Wavy Lace Scarf, and self-striping sock yarn does the hard work.  I had picked up more than a few of these big balls at Tuesday Morning.


The new year sparked a bit of self-indulgent knitting after making mitts for the family for the holidays.  I finally found the perfect pattern for a ball of mohair yarn with a hint of shiny lurex that I brought back from Italy a couple of years ago.  The Melissa Scarf is an easy, fast and satisfying pattern (even though it has no chevrons).  It feels cozy around my neck in the cold wet weather that has finally blown in.

6 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Chevrons are classic. They never fade from favor.

floribunda said...

I think I have a ball of that same stripy yarn in my stash, but can't remember where I found it... the Tuesday Morning near me rarely has any interesting yarn!

beth said...

Love that scarf. Maybe I can make one someday. I LEARNED TO KNIT this week! My world has suddenly opened up! THINK of ALL the wonderful things I can make! LOL! I'm just finishing up a little knitted hat. NEver EVER thought I would learn to knit. Wonders NEVER cease. ;)

DebbyMc said...

Your book arrived yesterday. I love it already. It's like having a box of chocolates all to myself to savor. Only this time I get to enjoy the contents over and over :-) Your words are so evocative of time and place...

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the great links! I have lots of striping yarn..... Enjoying your book. Fabulous cover!

Magpie Sue said...

Oooo, pretty scarf! Who cares whether chevrons are on trend or not!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...