Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Now that my sewing room is in order, I've resurrected some UFOs. This quilt languished because I couldn't decide whether it was done, or if I was going to try to make it bigger.
At one point I made these blocks to make it bigger, but I didn't get the color placement right in some of them, and so I'm not crazy about the blocks. I think I've decided that the quilt is done in it's current incarnation without the extra blocks. At 42 x 42" it's big enough for a wall hanging or table topper. Not that I need either, mind you. I think that's also why this project got stalled. I have decided that if I finish it, its purpose will eventually become clear.
I also brought out my basket blocks and I've actually been sewing up more of these. They're 6" blocks, so I'll need lots of them to make anything of consequence.
I love ric-rack, and I'm using it for the handles of the baskets, sewing them up in same-color batches while I've got the right color thread in the machine.
They're very cheerful. If you zoom in on the pictures of the first quilt, it has ric-rack too. Maybe I'm working in a series now.