Sunday, September 02, 2012

August CQJP Block


One more block in this project is done, four to go.  This one felt like it didn't require as much stitching as the others, probably because of the machine embroidered patch.


Here's a close view of the top portion of the block,


...and here's my Sheaf Stitch, this week's TAST, in blue pearl cotton, at the bottom.

 
I added some French knots to the patch with the seagull to infuse a bit more blue into this corner.


Louie doesn't quite fit into the sewing room cat bed, but like Cinderella's stepsisters faced with the glass slipper, he tries.

I had a poem in the August issue of the on-line journal The Accentos Review.  And this is a three-day weekend.  Life is good.

5 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Congratulations on your poem being published!

Barbara Arcement said...

beautiful detail work.

hugs from south Louisiana
beebee

Barbara Arcement said...

cute cat...I love cats and had one most of my life. About 8 years ago I developed an allergy to them that seems to get worse each time I am near one. I miss having a soft kitty in the house.
hugs
beebee

won't you please sign up to follow my blog....I am trying to get to 50 before the end of this year....my bff said it will never happen....love it when she gives me a challenge!

Magpie Sue said...

I'm not able to access the page to read your poem at the moment. :-(
Will have to come back later and try again.

The block is looking good. Can't believe you're back at school already... but then I can't believe it's the 10th of Sept. either!

Deb Hardman said...

Beautiful handwork. Congrats on the publishing! I LOVE Louie in the little bed. Poor guy, I know the feeling out growing too big for a favorite pair of jeans!

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...