Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Starts and Finishes
I finished piecing the Bee Quilt top. This has been a slow quilting year for me. I've been looking at this top in progress all year it seems. I settled on borders, sewed the whole thing together, and was glad to get it off my design wall.
I'm not thrilled with the border, but done is done and I used up almost all of these fabrics.
So now on to something new. While dawdling about finishing Bee, I've been combing through my fabric stash and cutting up everything smaller than a FQ into strips (3", 2.5" and 1.5") and squares (5"), some of which are fussy cuts of charm fabrics. I'm freeing up a lot of storage space, and I've got lots of nice piles of scraps to play with.
It was very freeing to come up with this:
...and then this:
I'm sewing together the individual blocks. There will be sashing. Maybe black...with skeletons.