Tuesday, December 05, 2006

WIP Wednesday


I finally remembered about WIP Wednesday. Somehow, Wedsnesday comes and goes and I remember when I don't have time to post, or when I can't find the camera, but this week I remembered. This pink and green quilt has gotten stuck at the sashing stage because I've been working on some Christmas gifts. I decided to quilt some of the finished tops I had in the closet and use them as gifts.

This Lanterns quilt is going to a dear friend. I pieced this top about 5 years ago (!) and then it hung in the closet unquilted. I think I was waiting to have more confidence as a quilter because I wanted it to turn out nicely. I did a simple quilt- next-to-the-ditch, and it suits the quilt nicely. When I saw my friend's new house, I knew she would enjoy it.




I also quilted these two table runners for gifts. The blue one was canibalized from a stack of finished blocks. I've got plenty more from which to make a large throw.



I quilted this little top, which is the size of a table cover. I don't have anyone in mind for this one, so I'm putting it aside for the moment. I may have to keep it for myself to use in my red kitchen.

It feels good to clear out some WIPs and even better to have handmade gifts to give to friends and family members.

9 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Great pieces, everyone of them! The b & w would be fun for your red kitchen & faux Fiesta dishes!

Rian said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the B&W one for your kitchen, I hope you have a place to hang it. The lanterns quilt is incredible. I want to make one just like it!

Deb Geyer said...

I love them; all of them.

Susan said...

Wow, you've really been busy! These are wonderful quilts, table runners, etc. Your friend is very lucky to have you give her that beautiful quilt. I love the border you chose.

Jen said...

What wonderful quilts! I like them all but "Lanterns" is my favorite. Lucky friends to receive such beautiful gifts.
I can picture your table cover looking great with red, black or white dishes. Jen

Anonymous said...

those are all wonderful quilts! I've discovered the joy of table runners, aren't they great little pieces? :)

allie aller said...

Yay, Barbara posted!
Lovely work all around...but my fave is the cakes. Just delicious and would be so wonderful in a little girl's room. Maybe save it for that first granddaughter?
Nice work going after those UFOs. I have 5 tops, at last count....

Granny Fran said...

What beautiful quilts. I'm crazy about the black, white and red one. That's a great pattern.

The Calico Cat said...

Oh how that reminds me, I have a Lantern's quitl that is still a UFO - I am again insprired.....

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...