Monday, July 31, 2006

Second Fan Finished


I've finished the second of my four wool fans. I find that I'm using Sharon's 100 details embellishment ideas as a basis for my own improvisation.

I attached a hand charm to this ribbon embroidery bouquet of lavender, and that's my palestrina stitch on the right as a basis for the beaded flowers (lilacs?) with detached chain leaves.

I'm repeating purple pearl cotton and glass beads, as well as the black cats, to create unity. The gold braid will also be used to trim each fan. In the next fan I really want to try the caston stitch, and some of the straight stitch combinations.

5 comments:

allie aller said...

These are delectable

Debra Dixon said...

Ohhh La La! Looking fab-o!

Rian said...

I have two words for you: Oooh and Aaah. Oh, and Wow.

MaryB said...

The lavender is really gorgeous and the colours are perfect - well done.

Anonymous said...

WOW! and WOW! again. You have a wonderful style! I love it.

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...