Saturday, March 25, 2006

Pinatas de Noche


I finished this little quilt for my kitchen table. I've long been attracted to this traditional pattern because it reminds me of star-shaped piñatas. I had originally thought of making it up in bright colors, but instead, I went through my treasure box of scraps. With the black background, it looks to me like piñatas hanging for a party at night.


Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my March journal quilt. I really like incorporating photos into these pieces.

7 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely! (Paper pieced?)

Samantha said...

this is really wonderful- and it does make me think of pinatas!

Rian said...

Love it, love it, love it! Viva piñata!

Balwearie said...

Bonito!

allie aller said...

Lively and cheerful!

laura west kong said...

Beautiful! The dark background really makes the pinatas shine.

Debra Dixon said...

You have such fun with scraps! Everytime I dig into my big scrap buckets, I think of you! You must have an abundant source. . .*wink*

Economy Block and Large-Scale Fabrics

Recenlty I decided to take out and use the stash of Asian-themed fabrics I'd set aside.  Many of them are large scale, so I wanted to fe...